Virginia CLE’s 31st Annual Construction and Public Contracts Law Seminar
Cosponsored with the Construction Law and Public Contracts Section of the Virginia State Bar
November 5 and 6, 2010
The Boar’s Head Inn
200 Ednam Drive
Requests for overnight accommodations must be made no later than Thursday, October 7.
REGISTRATION FEES (fees include Friday lunch and reception)
$385.00 regular registration.
$370.00 pre-registering VSB Construction Law and Public Contracts Section members.
$290.00 law firm non-attorney staff.
$400.00 / $305.00 on-site registration (if space is available).
To register, visit the online conference brochure or call Virginia CLE at 1-800-979-VCLE (8253).
Program Level: Basic-Intermediate
MCLE Credits: 12.0
Ethics Credits Included: 2.0
For over thirty years, this two-day gathering has been the destination of choice for both lawyers and industry representatives with a stake in construction law or public contracts matters. As usual, the seminar offers a full year's worth of CLE credit for Virginia attorneys and an indispensable educational and networking opportunity for all attendees. The offerings once again will range from annual ethics and legal updates to specific programs on the most pressing industry and governmental issues.
Topics covered at this year's seminar will include:
• Recent developments in construction and public contracts law in Virginia
• Legal ethics
• Virginia Public Procurement Act requirements and practical help
• Stimulus projects in Virginia and the strings attached
• Public procurement, contract coordination, and scheduling issues: a case study on the expansion of Bridgeforth Stadium at James Madison University
• Insurance coverage for construction projects: Builders' Risk and Errors and Omissions Liability Coverage
• Delay claims
• Arbitration and mediation
• Subcontractor issues
• Mechanics' liens and other condominium issues