P. Dane Price, PMP
- Project Management
- Labor Productivity Analysis
- Cost Estimating
- Change Management
- Construction Drawing &
- FEED & Engineering Design
- Contract Evaluation & Proposal
- Project Controls
- Quality Control
- Claims Preparation & Analysis
- Contract Suspension
- Primavera P6
- 10 years of domestic and international industry experience.
- Experience in all phases of project execution, from front-end engineering design (FEED) through procurement, construction, and commissioning.
- Knowledge of EPC management, engineering design, project controls, and change management.
Senior consultant Dane Price relies on his more than 10 years of domestic and international industry experience to provide expert analysis for complex construction and engineering disputes. As a project manager and engineer, Mr. Price is experienced in all phases of project execution, from front-end engineering design (FEED) through procurement, construction, and commissioning. His knowledge of EPC management, engineering design, project controls, and change management allows him to provide insight into labor productivity, design issues, planning, and cost analysis.
Interface Consulting International, Inc. – Houston, TX
Chart Energy & Chemicals, Inc. – The Woodlands, TX
- Simultaneously executed multiple projects over $100MM in total value in the cryogenic process systems group through supervision of multi-disciplinary engineering teams, manufacturing operations, and suppliers
- Portfolio: small-scale LNG plants, mid-scale LNG plant FEED studies, propane dehydrogenation units (PDH), ethylene cold boxes, and FLNG studies
Senior Project Manager
- Led a team of three PMs and two estimators in the aftermarket services group, tasked with transforming operations to improve customer satisfaction, establish reliable project controls, reduce invoicing lead time, and strengthen office/shop morale
- Portfolio: 40+ projects involving aftermarket consulting, repair, and installation of cryogenic equipment (e.g., heat exchangers, cold boxes, vacuum jacketed pipe, stainless steel & aluminum pipe, and cryogenic storage systems) in the LNG, petrochemical, and aerospace industries
MBA Energy & Industrial, LLC – Magnolia, TX
- Exceeded estimated margins on (4) $5MM+ saltwater disposal construction projects for major O&G producers through efficient facility design, subcontract negotiations, schedule compliance, and maintaining client expectations
- Responsibilities included design, procurement, subcontract development, site operations, safety, construction, commissioning, and plant start up
Chart Energy & Chemicals, Inc. – The Woodlands, TX
- Managed technical compliance, engineering disciplines, customer deliverables, and procurement for a small-scale mixed refrigerant LNG plant and three LNG FEED studies
- Supervised onsite operations for Chart’s first successful small-scale, mixed refrigerant LNG plant in British Colombia through efficient subcontractor management and managing client expectations
Supplier Quality Engineer
- Pioneered a new supplier quality process for quality compliance of outsourced ASME pressure vessels, cryogenic valves, gas analyzers, and modular gas processing skids for Chart’s small-scale LNG plants
GE Power & Water – New York; Texas
Operations Management Leadership Program
- 2-year program within manufacturing and supply chain, consisting of 6-month rotations while simultaneously executing a capstone project, six sigma projects, coursework, and semi-annual professional development courses
- Roles during the program: manufacturing engineer (pipe and heavy fab), new product introduction engineer (gas turbine auxiliary skids), sourcing quality engineer (power plant MSD), operations manager (generator manufacturing)
- BS – Mechanical Engineering
Texas A&M University
- Project Management Professional
Project Management Institute
- Certified Industrial Facilities Specialty Contractor
State of Florida
- Associate Member – Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC)
- Member – Project Management Institute (PMI)
Petroleum Refining & Gas Processing
- Cheniere Corpus Christi Mid-Scale LNG Plant FEED
- ConEdison Astoria LNG Facility
- H2O Midstream Saltwater Disposal Facility
- Fortis Tilbury LNG Expansion
- Leviathan FLNG FEED
- Montego Bay LNG Regassification Terminal
- New Fortress Energy Miami LNG Facility
- Noble Energy Keota LNG Plant
- Noble Energy Chiltepin Saltwater Disposal Facility
- Noble Energy King Fisher Saltwater Disposal Facility
- Noble Energy Rifleman Saltwater Disposal Facility
- Northeast Energy Center (NEC) LNG Facility
- Sohar LNG Bunkering Project FEED
- Stabilis Energy George West LNG Plant
Chemical & Petrochemical
- Baltic Chemical Corporation Gas Chemical Complex
- Canada Kuwait Petrochemical Corporation Alberta PDH Facility
- Enterprise Mont Belvieu PDH 2 Facility
- Ma’aden II Ammonia Plant Hydrogen Recovery Unit
- Extensive project experience with process technology licensor of small-scale, mid-scale, bio-LNG, FLNG, and regasification facilities
- Manufacturing and supply chain experience with cold boxes, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, process piping, valves, and skidded systems
CHEMICAL & PETROCHEMICAL
- Project experience in design of PDH, NRU, and HRU facilities. Experience managing field service and construction projects during facility outages and turn-arounds
OIL & GAS
- Project experience in the design, procurement, and construction of saltwater disposal facilities and central gathering facilities
POWER & ENERGY
- Manufacturing and supply chain experience with industrial gas turbine repairs, aeroderivative gas turbines, and gas turbine auxiliary systems
Petroleum Refining & Gas Processing
Floating LNG (FLNG) FEED Study, International
Project management for developing a ~1.5 MTPA mid-scale LNG train for a floating LNG (FLNG) application during a 10-month front end engineering design (FEED) study for an international operator. Led technical and commercial teams as a project manager. The technical team delivered PFDs, P&IDs, design basis, project specifications, equipment datasheets, engineering lists, controls documentation, and general arrangement drawings. The technical team also conducted a dynamic motion study to understand the effect of ocean movements on the equipment during operation. The study concluded with an AACE class 3 LSTK estimate for the liquefaction system.
LNG Bunkering Facility FEED Study, International
Project management for developing a ~1.4 MTPA mid-scale LNG bunkering facility during a 12-month front end engineering design (FEED) study for an international operator. Led technical and commercial teams as a project manager. The technical team delivered PFDs, P&IDs, design basis, project specifications, equipment datasheets, engineering lists, controls documentation, and general arrangement drawings. Participated in HAZOP review and constructability review with EPC and end user. The study concluded with an AACE class 1 LSTK estimate for the liquefaction system.
LNG Export Facility FEED Study, Domestic
As a project engineer, developed liquefaction design of a ~1.3 MTPA modular mid-scale LNG export facility during a 10-month front end engineering design (FEED) study for an industry-leading operator. Led technical and commercial teams. The technical team delivered PFDs, P&IDs, design basis, project specifications, equipment datasheets, engineering lists, controls documentation, general arrangement drawings, and FERC filing support to the EPC. Participated in P&ID review, HAZOP review, and cost optimization reviews. Managed major sub-suppliers of critical rotating equipment (i.e., electric motor-driven refrigerant compressors).
LNG Peak-Shaving Plant, Domestic
Project management responsible for engineering, procurement, and manufacturing for an 80,000 GPD peak-shaving LNG liquefaction system in the northeast US. Equipment supply included liquefaction heat exchanger, cold box, gas turbine, refrigerant compressor, shell & tube heat exchangers, control system, cryogenic valves, and instrumentation.
LNG Regassification Terminal, International
As a project engineer, managed technical design of cryogenic vacuum jacketed piping for a significant LNG regasification facility in Jamaica. Scope included plot design, equipment layout, 3D piping design in Smartplant 3D, pipe stress analysis in CAESAR II, and construction work packs (i.e., bill of material, general arraignment drawings, piping isometric drawings, and weld procedures).
LNG Small-Scale Projects, Domestic
Led supplier quality engineering efforts for major outsourced equipment on three 100,000 GPD nitrogen cycle LNG liquefaction systems in Texas, Colorado, and Florida. Developed technical requisition packages to solicit supplier bids, evaluated bid packages, and made final supplier selection. Managed key suppliers on design, manufacturing, compliance, and delivery of amine CO2 removal system, molecular sieve dehydration system, hot oil heater, pressure vessels, cryogenic valves, analyzers, and nitrogen generation system. Conducted in-process manufacturing audits in supplier facilities, producing inspection reports and supplier scorecards.
LNG Small-Scale Project, Domestic
Project management responsible for engineering, procurement, and manufacturing for a 250,000 GPD small-scale LNG liquefaction system in the northeast US. Equipment supply included a liquefaction heat exchanger, cold box, gas turbine, refrigerant compressor, air coolers, truck loading system, cryogenic valves, control system, and instrumentation.
LNG Small-Scale Project, International
As a project engineer, delivered, commissioned, and managed the start-up of a 450,000 GPD mixed refrigerant LNG liquefaction system in British Columbia. Evaluated over 100 engineering and construction RFIs and over 30 claims. Reduced claim amounts by 80%. Managed commissioning engineers and supplier technicians onsite for liquefaction equipment, including the cold box, pretreatment plant, refrigerant compressor, fired heaters, incinerator, truck loading, air coolers, and analyzers. Provided onsite support to EPC.
Saltwater Disposal Facilities, Domestic
Project management responsible for engineering, procurement, and construction of three 40,000 BPD saltwater disposal facilities (SWD) for a major operator in the Permian Basin. Responsibilities included facility design, equipment sizing, procurement, expediting, logistics, budget management, subcontractor selection, subcontractor management, onsite supervision, claim evaluation, commissioning, and start-up.
Chemical & Petrochemical
Ethane Cracker Plant Cold Boxes, International
Project management for the supply of heat exchangers and cold boxes for an ethane cracker plant in Russia. Led engineering, procurement, and manufacturing teams to ensure compliance with rigorous specifications and regulatory requirements. Mitigated material cost escalation due to pandemic-driven supply chain concerns.
Hydrogen Recovery Unit (HRU), International
As a supplier quality engineer, managed major supplier build of molecular sieve dehydration unit for an international hydrogen recovery unit (HRU). Developed technical requisition packages to solicit supplier bids, evaluated bid packages, and made final supplier selection. Ensured manufacturing compliance with project specifications through design reviews and in-process equipment inspections.
Propane Dehydrogenation (PDH) Unit – Separation System, Domestic
Project management responsible for the cryogenic separation system of a propane dehydrogenation (PDH) unit in Texas. Led estimating efforts ahead of project award. Managed engineering team, procurement of major equipment (i.e., turboexpanders, cryogenic product pumps, pressure vessels, cryogenic valves, control system, instrumentation), and manufacturing of heat exchangers and cold box.
Propane Dehydrogenation (PDH) Unit – Separation System, International
Project management responsible for engineering and procurement efforts of the cryogenic separation system for a propane dehydrogenation (PDH) unit. The project was suspended due to the global pandemic in 2020; therefore, management efforts were redirected to lead project suspension and long-term storage efforts of major equipment and materials. Negotiated suspension fees and storage costs above and beyond contractual requirements through force majeure claims.